Carphone Warehouse Launches the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry 10
January 30th, 2013
London – Carphone Warehouse today launched the BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone powered by BlackBerry® 10 in the UK. The new BlackBerry Z10 is the first smartphone to launch with the re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 platform, giving customers a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience. The BlackBerry Z10 is the fastest and most advanced BlackBerry smartphone yet, and offers a smarter experience that continuously adapts to a customer’s needs.
The new BlackBerry Z10 will be available from Carphone Warehouse on 31st January, for free from £36 per month on all major networks.
Graham Stapleton, Chief Operating Officer at Carphone Warehouse, says, “This launch presents a fantastic opportunity for BlackBerry to reaffirm itself as a key player in the mobile marketplace. There has been considerable buzz around the changes that will come with the introduction of BlackBerry 10 - it represents a giant leap forward in user experience that we’re sure Carphone Warehouse customers will be keen to trial.”
“The BlackBerry Z10 smartphone delivers a powerful new platform for BlackBerry customers. Customers purchasing the BlackBerry Z10 from Carphone Warehouse will be delighted with a re-invented communication experience, seamless multitasking, easy access to multiple social networks, and the peace of mind that BlackBerry security gives them,” said Carlo Chiarello, EVP, Global Smartphone Business at RIM.
With BlackBerry 10, every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep customers moving and includes advancements such as:
• Peek and Flow into the BlackBerry Hub – A new mobile computing paradigm where what matters to customers is always only one swipe away
• Keyboard – Understands and adapts to customers, so they can type faster and more accurately
• BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger) – Allows customers to share things with the people that matter to them in an instant
• BlackBerry® Balance™ technology – Protects what is important to customers and the businesses they work for
BlackBerry Z10 Expert Review
Want to find out more about the BlackBerry Z10? Read our technology partner Geek Squad’s BlackBerry Z10 expert review.
- ENDS -
For further information please contact:
The Carphone Warehouse Press Office
T: 020 3047 2307
BlackBerry, RIM, Research In Motion and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited. RIM is not responsible for any third party products or services.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner ‘Best Buy Mobile’. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse’s European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: The Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.